Students are eligible to apply for a boarding allowance if they are facing barriers to achieving educational success and boarding away from home will remove those barriers. There are two different boarding allowances. Students will be facing either:
- an access barrier – the student’s home is geographically isolated, for example in a remote rural or island location, far from the nearest secondary school; or
- multiple barriers – the student’s educational success is negatively affected by:
- poor participation at school
- poor or negative relationships
- behavioural issues
- low educational achievement
- their home environment.
An access barrier application can be completed by a Parent/Legal guardian. The multiple barrier application must be completed by Parent/Legal guardian AND a referrer.
The multiple barriers form must be completed by the referrer
You must "Save As" the following form to your computer, before you can begin to fill it out.
Multiple barriers application form [PDF; 970KB]
This form will need to be completed before you can submit your application as you will not be able to save incomplete applications.
If you have any questions about making an application, email email@example.com.